Carlson & Company Inc. (The Work Place) is seeking an Employment Coach/Job Developer
The job description includes:
- Work in partnership with clients to match their skill sets with employment opportunities.
- Support clients in an assertive job search.
- Assess potential worksites for suitability through research centered around job openings and matching with client skills, qualifications and goals.
- Identify training/courses required by employers.
- Arrange volunteer opportunities, work experiences, and job shadows with employers.
- Facilitate workshops and peer group sessions.
- Provide job maintenance support.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation.
- Proactive outreach to employers and industry groups to identify employment opportunities.
- Collect data from employers related to job orders including job requirements and skills.
- Develop and implement employer marketing resources; represent company at career fairs, trade shows and other events.
- Completion of post-secondary degree or diploma (or equivalent combination of education/experience).
- Previous experience providing career and employment services an asset.
- Knowledge of Grande Prairie labour market and employers.
- Proven job development skills with a proven track record to achieve outcomes.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel); database management; and internet research.
- Ability to take initiative and build relationships by being self-directed and results-oriented.
- Effective caseload management skills.
- Experience and desire to work with persons of diverse cultural, economic and educational backgrounds.
The Employment Coach/Job Developer will work at The Work Place
#105, 9840 – 97th Avenue, Grande Prairie, AB.
The job is full-time (37.5 hours/week), Monday to Friday.
Health and Wellness Benefit package after six months.
Start Date: April 3, 2018
Submit cover letter, resume and two work-related references to: email@example.com
Please apply by email only.
For more information on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Close date: March 19, 2018 @ 4:30 p.m.
More information about The Work Place available at www.gpworkplace.ca