APPLICANTS MUST BE BETWEEN 15 AND 30 YEARS OF AGE AT THE START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT.
APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO BE RETURNING TO SCHOOL TO APPLY.
This is a 9-week position.
Are you looking to gain valuable experience in the office/employment service field?
Carlson & Company Inc. (operating as The Work Place) is seeking an Assistant Employment Advisor. The Work Place offers a wide array of employment and career services for Albertans.
APPLICANTS MUST BE:
Between 18 and 30 years of age at the start date of employment, and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Provide information regarding services and community resources to job seekers and employers.
- Complete registration and preliminary assessment.
- Provide job search assistance to clients in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Research new resources to stay current with relevant job search strategies and the labor market.
- Document client information on database.
- Assist clients with technology, Zoom, send email orientation.
- Set up Northstar accounts, Employment Readiness Scale, potential blended services- proctoring.
- Targeted job search for specific clients; sending information regarding the job positions.
- Send reminders for upcoming sessions and appointments
The Skills You Bring
- Post-secondary education in Office/Business Administration, Education, Human Services or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, technology, and online assessments.
- Familiarity with virtual classrooms such as Zoom, WebEx and other virtual-learning platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as receptive listening skills.
- Proven grammar and editing capabilities.
- Able to solve problems and deal with conflict with a professional calm demeanor.
- Building strong networking relationships with community organizations.
- Excellent project management and time-management skills.
- Well-organized; able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
The individual will work at The Work Place, #105, 9840 – 97th Avenue, Grande Prairie, AB; currently services are offered virtually. The job is full-time (37.5 hours a week), Monday to Friday for a nine-week period. Funding support through Canada Summer Jobs. More information about The Work Place is available at www.gpworkplace.ca
Please email your resume, and a cover letter ‘indicating why you would be an ideal fit for this job’ to firstname.lastname@example.org Also, provide two work/professional references. Please put Application for Assistant Employment Advisor in subject line. All applications must be received by September 8 at 4:30 pm 2021. Thank you for your interest in the position; while we would love to be able to respond directly to each applicant, we are only able to contact those who advance to the next stage of the hiring process.
If you have questions regarding the position, including wage rate and start date, contact Denise Carlson, Manager, The Work Place at 780-897-8939.