Job Posting – Assistant Employment Advisor
APPLICANTS MUST BE BETWEEN 15 AND 30 YEARS OF AGE AT THE START DATE OF EMPLOYMENT
APPLICANTS DO NOT NEED TO BE RETURNING TO SCHOOL TO APPLY.
This is a 9-week position.
- Answer telephone in a courteous, professional manner; provide information regarding services and resources and/or route calls to the appropriate staff member.
- Complete registration and preliminary assessment with job seekers.
- Provide employment and career-related guided assistance to clients in a professional, respectful and courteous manner.
- Convert instructor-led training workshop content into engaging and interactive e-learning sessions.
- Design and create high-quality, engaging, and effective e-learning presentations.
- Work with subject matter experts, assessing content, and identifying gaps.
- Research new resources to stay current with relevant job search strategies and the labor market.
- Document client information on database.
The Skills You Bring
- Post-secondary education in marketing, digital media, education, human services or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, specifically PowerPoint.
- Familiarity with virtual classrooms such as Zoom, WebEx and other virtual-learning platforms.
- Visual/graphic design skills with experience using applications such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as receptive listening skills.
- Proven grammar and editing capabilities.
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Well-organized; able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Email your resume and a cover letter ‘indicating why you would be an ideal fit for this job’ and two work/professional references to email@example.com.
Please put Application for Assistant Employment Advisor in subject line.
All applications must be received by 4:30 pm, Wednesday, June 24, 2020.
If you have questions regarding the position, contact Denise Carlson, Manager, The Work Place at 780-897-8939.
Thank you for your interest in the position; while we would love to be able to respond directly to each applicant, we are only able to contact those who advance to the next stage of the hiring process.
Applicants must be:
Between 15-30 years of age at the start of the employment, due to Canada Summer Jobs grant requirements.
A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
Anticipated Start Date: To be determined
The individual will work at The Work Place, #105, 9840 – 97th Avenue, Grande Prairie, AB. The job is full-time (37.50 hours a week), Monday to Friday. The wage rate is $17.00 per hour. More information about The Work Place is available at www.gpworkplace.ca